Thursday 28 May 2009

Our Cat's & The Birds!

Kitty

Tabby

baby starling 1



baby starling 2

Life with two cats is never dull!
Kitty & Tabby are both strays and we have had them both for just over a year.
Kitty is 13years & Tabby 15 months old.
Last week Kitty brought me a present, baby starling number 1.
We are not used to cats and I was horrified to say the least.
Kevin made her drop it and the bird was still alive as you can see from the photo.
We then put the baby down the bottom of the garden where it was safe and the parents could see to it and the did.
But Kitty was determined to stalk it but she could not get to it I am happy to say.

The next day baby starling 2 fell from it's nest and ended up in a hole.
The parents were frantic and could not get to it.
I would normally not intervene but Tabby was on the prowl and he new where it was.
I got the baby bird in a plant pot and put it down the bottom of the garden where it as safe.
Then the parents took over.
I spent all day keeping a close eye on the cats with my water spray at the ready.

I just hope that the 2 babys have survived.

See you again soon!

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Awww I hope they are ok too Julie! It's always hard to let nature 'take its course'. I would have done the same thing too. Fingers crossed for those babies! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete